In this Salesforce tutorial, we will discuss how to check and add the Convert button when the Convert button on Lead not visible in Salesforce Lightning.
I recently updated and modified the Page Layout of the Lead object in Salesforce. However, we encountered an issue when converting a Lead Record to an Opportunity. Here, the Convert button on the record page of the Lead Object was missing.
Usually, we can access the Convert button by clicking on the drop-down icon (⬇️) given next to the Clone button. However, this button was completely missing from the page.
So, in this tutorial, we will try to understand the reason why this issue may occur in Salesforce Lightning. Additionally, we will also provide the solution for this issue in Salesforce.
Reasons why Convert button on lead not visible in Salesforce Lightning
In Salesforce, the Convert button is an option using which we can convert a Lead record into an Account, Opportunity, or Contact. This feature in Salesforce helps the Sales team to optimize the entire workflow. Moreover, it also prevents data duplicity in Salesforce.
Now, there could be multiple reasons why the Convert button is not visible in Salesforce Lightning. Some common reasons for Salesforce are listed below.
- Don’t have Convert Leads Permission: The convert button on the Lead object will not be visible when the user doesn’t have the appropriate convert permission.
- Lead Status picklist values are not configured: This issue could also rise when the Lead Status value is not set to “Converted“.
- Convert button is not included in the page layout for the Lead object: Moreover, the Convert button will also be not visible when we don’t include it in the page layout properly.
In the next section, we will cover the solution for each of these issues in Salesforce Lightning.
Solution: Convert button on lead not visible in Salesforce Lightning
Now, that we understood the reasons why the Convert button on lead is not visible in Salesforce Lightning, we can try the solutions. However, here we will try to cover solutions related to each issue that we discussed in the previous section.
Solution-1: Checking Convert Leads Permission in Salesforce Lightning
Step-1: First, log in to your Salesforce Lightning account and open the Home Setup page. For this, click on the gear icon (⚙️) and then click on the Setup option.
Step-2: From the Quick Find search box, search for Profiles and click on the Profiles option given under Users.
Step-3: This will open the Profile Setup page. Now, from the list of profiles, select your Profile and click on the Edit option.
In our case, we have selected the System Administrator profile.
Step-4: Now, scroll down to the “General User Permissions” section and look for the Convert Leads option. Here make sure this option is enabled in Salesforce. However, if the option is enabled then tick mark (✔️) this option and click on the Save button.
Method-2: Configure Lead Status picklist values in Salesforce Lightning
Here we will discuss the steps to configure the Lead Status picklist values and enable the converted option for the appropriate value.
- First, click on the Object Manager option given in the navigation bar. After this, from the list of objects, click on the Lead object. This will open the details page for the lead object in Salesforce Lightning.
- Next, from the left-side menu, click on the Fields & Relationships option which will open a list of Fields & Relationships for Leads object. However, from this list, select and click on the Lead Status option.
- On the next page, scroll to the Lead Status Picklist Values section and make sure that one of the Closed values is marked as Converted. For this, click on the Edit button given next to it and tick make the Converted option for the Closed – Converted value.
- In this last, click on the Save button to save all the changes in Salesforce Lightning.
Method-3: Include Convert button in the page layout for the Lead object in Salesforce Lightning
1: From the navigation bar, click on the Object Manager option, and from the list of objects, click on the Leads object to open it.
2: Next, from the left-side menu, click on the Page Layouts option that will open a page where multiple layouts related to the Leads object are listed. However, from this list, select the required Page Layout.
Here, we selected the Lead Layouts page in Salesforce Lightning.
3: After this, on the Lead Layout page, try to find if the Converted tab is available under the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section. However, if the Convert tab is not available in this section, move to the Mobile & Lightning Actions section. Then drag the Convert button from the Mobile & Lightning Actions section to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section.
4: At last, click on the Save button to add the Convert button to the Page layout of the Leads object in Salesforce Lightning.
Once we complete all the given steps, we can find that the Convert button is now visible on the Leads Record page. Moreover, we can access this button by just clicking on the drop-down icon (⬇️) given next to Clone.
Also, check: Change Status button missing on Leads in Salesforce
So, in this Salesforce tutorial, we have learned how to add the Convert button to the lead object in Salesforce Lightning. Moreover, we have also discussed how to resolve the issue when Convert button on the lead not visible in Salesforce Lightning step-by-step with examples.
These are the set of solutions that we have covered in this Salesforce Lightning.
- Checking Convert Leads Permission in Salesforce Lightnin
- Configure Lead Status picklist values in Salesforce Lightning
- Include Convert button in the page layout for the Lead object in Salesforce Lightning
I am Bijay Kumar, the founder of SalesforceFAQs.com. Having over 10 years of experience working in salesforce technologies for clients across the world (Canada, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, etc.). I am a certified salesforce administrator and expert with experience in developing salesforce applications and projects. My goal is to make it easy for people to learn and use salesforce technologies by providing simple and easy-to-understand solutions. Check out the complete profile on About us.