Are you wondering if there is a free version of salesforce? Keep reading this tutorial, in this salesforce tutorial, I have explained, how to get a free salesforce account step by step. At the end of this tutorial, you will get to know how to get salesforce for free.
Salesforce one of the popular CRM In the United States provides a cloud-based solution for various business needs in different sectors like Automotive, Communications, Consumer Goods, Education, etc.
Various largest companies in the United States are the customers of salesforce like Amazon Web Services, American Express, U. S. Bank, etc.
How to get a free salesforce account
There are two ways of accessing the Salesforce account for free:
- Register to Salesforce free trial Account
- Register to Salesforce Developer Edition Account
Salesforce Account free trial
Salesforce offers a free trial, that allows users to access the salesforce account with limited resources. A free trial is good for people who are looking for software that can help them grow their businesses.
So those users can try this software and buy it later if it solves their purpose. The following details are required in order to register on the Salesforce Trial Account:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Phone number
- Phone Number
- Email Address
You may also need to select the range of employees working in the organization, company name, Country/Region, and state. But all these already have default values in them so you can click on the Next button without getting any errors.
Follow the below steps to register for a free salesforce trial account: –
Step 1: Visit the official website of Salesforce and click on the Try for Free button appearing on the top left side of the page. The position and color of the button may vary from a different country to country.
Step 2: All the fields on this page are mandatory. Provide your first name and middle name (if applicable) in the first column and then surname in the last name column Also, you need to fill in the Job title.
Step 3: On the next screen, it will ask about:
- Employees: Select the employee size from the dropdown
- Company: Provide the company name
- Country/Region: Provide your country name, I have selected the United States. If you have selected the United States that you need to select a state as well which is Texas in our case.
- States: Here I have selected Texas.
Step 4: Fill in the phone number and email address that you want to register with salesforce.
- You may see another checkbox asking If your company is currently using Salesforce software in that case you select or deselect the checkbox accordingly. It is not mandatory input.
- Email addresses can be either your company email (specific domain) or your regular Gmail account.
The below image shows how to create a salesforce trial account with a company email with the specific domain name.
The below image shows how to create a salesforce trial account with the regular Gmail account. You may use other emails as well like Aol mails, yahoo, etc. It will ask the below things:
- Email – You can provide Gmail, AOL mails or Yahoo emails also
Step 5: After clicking on the submit button you will be redirected to the dashboard of the Salesforce account. Log on to your email to verify your account.
Step 6: On your registered email, you will receive an email from salesforce, open the email and click on the verify account button. This will redirect you to the password creation page.
Step 7: Create a password for your Salesforce account and enjoy your free access to the salesforce account for 30 days. The password must have 8 characters, 1 letter, and 1 number. Also, fill in the security question.
The number of trial days varies from country to country, 30 day trial period is offered in the United States of America. Other than that, the trial version comes with some dummy data, pre-configured processes, reports & dashboards.
There are guides, how-to manuals, online training, and live onboarding webinars to get you started with the salesforce. Below is the image of the dashboard that appears after submitting the details in the previous step.
This is how to create a salesforce trial account or we can get a free salesforce account.
Next, we are going to discuss how to register on the salesforce developer edition.
Create free Developer Account in Salesforce
Salesforce offers a free development edition to encourage Salesforce development. If you are a student or developer, you can familiarize yourself with the interface and functionality of Salesforce through the developer edition.
The developer edition of Salesforce provides limited features and resources but it is sufficient for salesforce developers. From a career perspective, you can become Salesforce Administrator or Salesforce Developer.
The following details are required in order to register for the salesforce developer edition: –
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address (Gmail is acceptable)
- Your Job Role (select from the dropdown)
- Company Name
- Your Postal Code
- Username (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Step 1: Visit the official Salesforce developer website, fill out the form and click on the submit button. You may get an error if the username is not available. If that is so then change the username and try again.
Here is the list of details we filled in the form: –
- First Name – Your First name and middle name (if applicable)
- Last Name – Your surname or last name
- Email – You can use any email (regular or company email) to register into a salesforce developer account.
- Role – Select your role in the company from the dropdown.
- Company name – Mention the company name and based upon this name the URL of the salesforce dashboard will be created.
- Country/Region – Select the country name from the dropdown, in our case, it is the United States (USA).
- Postal code – Postal code for Texas is 75462
- Username – Provide the unique username that is available with salesforce. The standard username is email@example.com
Step 2: After submitting the form you need to very the account by visiting your registered email and clicking on the blue Verify Account button.
The below image is the screenshot of the email received on the registered email address. Click on the Verify Account button to access the dashboard of the salesforce developer edition.
Step 3: Create a new password for the account also select the security question of choice and answer it. Do not share the information on this page for security reasons.
The password must have 8 characters, 1 letter, and 1 number in order to meet the minimum standard requirement for the salesforce developer edition.
The below image shows the interface of the Salesforce developer edition. Unlike the salesforce free trial account, the Developer edition doesn’t have pre-loaded data.
This is how to register a salesforce developer account.
How to Delete Salesforce Developer Account
This Salesforce tutorial covers how to delete a salesforce developer account. If your query revolves around the below-mentioned topics then read this section.
- Delete Salesforce Account
- Delete Salesforce Developer Account
- Delete Salesforce Trial Account
- Delete Salesforce User
- Delete Salesforce Org
The statement Delete Salesforce Account has two meanings here:
- Moving out of the salesforce subscription if you don’t want to continue.
- Deleting an account from the Salesforce database. (covered in another blog)
Delete salesforce subscription
If you are using the trial version and want to end the business with Salesforce then stop using the account and it is closed or deleted after the trial period is expired.
Paid users or users who are already subscribed to Salesforce have to contact the Salesforce support team in order to end the contract. Users in the United States (US) can call on this number at 1-800-664-9073 to get support.
Others can visit the Salesforce official website and they can find the number at the footer section of the website based on their region.
Follow these steps to delete the salesforce developer account:
Step 1: Click on the Gear icon on the top right corner of the Salesforce dashboard and click on the setup.
Step 2: Search for Company Information from the Quick Find toolbar on the left side of the screen.
Step 3: From the company information page click on the Deactivate Org button.
Step 4: Provide the Org name mentioned in the title of this section and then click on the Deactivate Org button.
- Reactivate button will be available for the next 30 days
- After 30 days account can be activated through a Customer Support team
- After 60 days the account will be deleted permanently.
We hope you have learned how to delete salesforce developer account or how to delete salesforce account.
The steps and screenshots shared in this tutorial may vary from region to region. We have mentioned it based on the United States of America (USA).
To check out the features of Salesforce, it is always good to have a trial or free salesforce account. Here I have explained:
- Is there a free version of salesforce
- How to get a free salesforce account
- How to get Salesforce For Free
- salesforce developer trial account
- How to create a salesforce trial account
- How to delete salesforce developer account
You may like the following salesforce tutorials:
- How to Create a Quote in Salesforce CPQ
- How to Create an Opportunity in Salesforce
- Merge Contacts in Salesforce
- How to Merge Accounts in Salesforce
- How to Create a Dashboard in Salesforce
I am Bijay Kumar, the founder of SalesforceFAQs.com. Having over 10 years of experience working in salesforce technologies for clients across the world (Canada, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, etc.). I am a certified salesforce administrator and expert with experience in developing salesforce applications and projects. My goal is to make it easy for people to learn and use salesforce technologies by providing simple and easy-to-understand solutions. Check out the complete profile on About us.