In this Salesforce tutorial, we will learn to check User Licences in Salesforce. With this, we can see, how many licenses we have used and how many of them are available at the moment. We see the way to check user licenses in Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic.
User Licenses in Salesforce
In Salesforce, licenses are assigned to specific users within the organization. The assigned licenses give access to the Salesforce products and features. There are different types of licenses that provide access to specific features and functionalities of Salesforce Platform users.
For example, if you have to update opportunities then you are required to have read and write access to the opportunities to update them, and this permission is included in the user license
User License Types in Salesforce
Salesforce Licenses are mainly divided into three categories which are as follows.
User License: In Salesforce, a user license specifies the access to features or functionality a user can have in the organization and each user may have one single user license.
Feature License: The Feature License grants additional permission to the user for the features that are not included in their license. This additional permission could include Marketing User, Flow User, Knowledge User, and Service Cloud User features.
Permission Set License: Permission set licenses give users incremental access to features that aren’t included in their user licenses. Users can be assigned any number of permission-set licenses but make sure that the permission set has the remaining licenses. There are several permission-set licenses available for Salesforce Contracts, OmniStudio, and Document Generation users.
Check User Licenses in Salesforce Lightning
To Check User Licences in Salesforce Lightning, log in to your Salesforce account and follow the below steps.
1. Navigate to the Setup page of Salesforce Lightning and for that, click on the settings icon and select Setup in the options.
2. On the Setup page of Salesforce Lightning, go to the Quick Find box then search and select Company Information.
3. In the User Licenses of the Company Information setup page, we can see the list of User licenses with their name, status, and current availability of the user licenses.
To view all user licences click on Show more.
Now you can see all the user licenses of the organization in the list as shown in the picture below.
If you have purchased some products that also have user licenses then you can view those licenses in the feature licenses section.
So, this is the way by which you can view and check the status of the User Licences in Salesforce Lightning.
Check User Licences in Salesforce Classic
To check user licenses in Salesforce Classic, log in to your Salesforce developer account and follow the below steps.
1. On the Home page of Salesforce Classic, click on the Setup tab, which is on the upper right side of the screen.
2. On the Setup page of Classic, go to the Quick Find box and search then select Company Relationship.
3. On the Company Information page, we can see a list of licenses in the User Licenses section and view all user licenses click on Go to list.
4. Now we can see all User Licenses with their status and we can also view the number of used licenses and the remaining licenses in the organization.
On the Company Information page, we can also view Permission Set Licenses and Feature Licenses.
In this way, we can view or check the User Licenses of an organization in Salesforce Classic with the help of the steps explained above.
In this Salesforce tutorial, we have learned about the method by which we can check or view the User Licenses in the Salesforce organization. We have checked the User Licenses in Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic editions.
In addition to this, we also learn about Feature licenses and Permission Set Licenses with their uses in a Salesforce CRM.
You may like to read:
- How to Deactivate Salesforce User
- How to Reset a User Password in Salesforce
- How to Mass Update User licenses with Data Loader in Salesforce
I am Bijay Kumar, the founder of SalesforceFAQs.com. Having over 10 years of experience working in salesforce technologies for clients across the world (Canada, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, etc.). I am a certified salesforce administrator and expert with experience in developing salesforce applications and projects. My goal is to make it easy for people to learn and use salesforce technologies by providing simple and easy-to-understand solutions. Check out the complete profile on About us.