In this Salesforce tutorial, we will understand how to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic.
- Overview of an event in Salesforce
- How to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Lightning
- How to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Classic
Overview of an event in Salesforce
In Salesforce, an event is a record that represents a calendar event, such as a meeting, appointment, or phone call. Events can be associated with other records, such as contacts, leads, accounts, or opportunities, to track interactions and communications with customers.
Here is an overview of the key elements of an event in Salesforce:
- Subject: The title or description of the event.
- Start and End Date/Time: The start and end date and time of the event.
- Location: The physical location of the event, such as a meeting room or conference center.
- Attendees: The people who are invited or attending the event.
- Related To: The record or object that the event is associated with, such as a contact, account, or opportunity.
- Description: Additional information or notes about the event.
- Reminder: An optional reminder that can be set to notify attendees of the upcoming event.
- Recurrence: An optional feature that allows you to schedule the event to repeat on a regular basis, such as daily, weekly, or monthly.
Check out, Public Calendar in Salesforce
How to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Lightning
Here we will list all the steps that you can follow to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Lightning edition.
- First, log in to your Salesforce account and navigate to the Home Setup page by clicking on the gear icon (⚙️) and the Setup option.
- Next, click on the App Launcher icon, search for the Calendar option, and open it by clicking on it.
This option will open the Calendar in Salesforce Lightning Edition.
- After this, on the New Event page, click on the New Event button to create a new event. This will open a prompt where we need to fill in the event details.
- Next, click on the cross icon (❌) given under the Assigned To section. Then click on the drop-down icon (⬇️) in the same Assigned To section and select Calendar.
- After this, from the search box, search and select your public calendar in Salesforce.
In our case, we have selected the USA Sales Team Calendar.
- Now, after selecting the public calendar, we also need to fill the other details as well for the event. These sample details are listed below.
- Subject: Quarterly Sales Meeting
- Start Date/Time: 04/15/2023 9:00 AM
- End Date/Time: 04/15/2023 12:00 PM
- Location: Conference Room A
- Description: Discuss Q1 sales results and Q2 strategy.
- In the last, click on the Save button to create a new event.
- Moreover, whenever we open the Calendar, the event will be visible for that particular event date in Salesforce.
So, in this section, we understood how to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Lightning with examples.
Read How to Send Email Alerts using Workflow Rule in Salesforce
How to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Classic
In this section, we will cover the steps required to add an event to the public calendar in Salesforce Classic step-by-step.
1: First, log in to your Salesforce account and open the Home page. For this, click on the Home button given in the top navigation.
2: After this, scroll down the Home page and click on the “Single User View” option (👤) given under the “Calendar” tab in Salesforce Classic. This will open a Calendar on a new page.
3: On the next page, click on the [Change] icon then select the “Public Calendar & Resources” option under the Search within option and search and select the required public calendar.
4: Next, to create a new event in the public calendar, click on the “Create New” button and then click on the Event option.
5: After this, fill in the details of the event, including the subject, date, time, location, and description.
6: Lastly, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page to add the event to the public calendar.
Note: You must have the appropriate permissions to add events to a public calendar. If you do not have the necessary permissions, you will need to contact your Salesforce administrator to request access.
So, in this section, we have seen the steps that we can follow to add event to public calendar in Salesforce.
So, in this Salesforce tutorial, we have understood how to add event to public calendar in Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic. Moreover, we have also discussed different examples related to both the editions
Here is the list of topics that we covered.
- Overview of an event in Salesforce
- How to add an event to the public calendar in Salesforce Lightning
- How to add an event to the public calendar in Salesforce Classic
You may like the following salesforce tutorials:
- How to add Photo to Salesforce Profile
- create web-to-lead form in Salesforce
- How to Delete Survey in Salesforce
I am Bijay Kumar, the founder of SalesforceFAQs.com. Having over 10 years of experience working in salesforce technologies for clients across the world (Canada, Australia, United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, etc.). I am a certified salesforce administrator and expert with experience in developing salesforce applications and projects. My goal is to make it easy for people to learn and use salesforce technologies by providing simple and easy-to-understand solutions. Check out the complete profile on About us.